At Riverview, we believe that we, as a staff, are called to equip you (other believers) to do the work of the ministry.
In Paul’s words, “He gave some as… some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ” Ephesians 4:11-12.
Finding a place to invest our lives in the local church is a vital part of a believer’s growth in Christ. Simply put, it is through serving, teaching, and loving others that we get to put our faith into action. As we experience Christ working in and through us, we are encouraged to grow in Him. Our goal is to help each person that joins our church, find a place to serve God and love others.
There are 3 major ways to invest in others at Riverview Baptist Church.
- Commit to guide the next generation to know Christ as a leader/teacher/worker in a “Next Generation” ministry (preschool through high school senior).
- Commit to lead an adult Life-Group (teacher, director, or connections coordinator).
- Commit to serve as a member of one of our “works of service” teams:
- Choose from one of the following: hospitality-team, welcome-team, tech-team, parking-team, and other teams.
There are three steps to join any area of ministry at our church.
- Download and fill out the appropriate application below.
- If you are interested in investing in the next generation (preschool through high school), you should fill out a Next Generation Leadership application.
- If you are interested in investing in other adults, you should fill out a Life-Group Leadership application.
- If you are interested in joining one of our “works of service” teams, you should fill out a “works of service” application.
- Turn in the completed application to our Associate Pastor, Michael Beene.
- You can turn an application in electronically by e-mailing it to Michael ([email protected]).
- Physical copies can be turned in at the “Application Drop-Box” throughout the church.
- Interview with the appropriate pastor or team leader.
- Once you have completed an application, the appropriate pastor or team leader will contact you to set up a brief interview.