We believe every follower of Jesus should be discipled and become a disciple-maker. RBC offers groups on Wednesdays to help people grow in their faith, but also inspire them to move into positions of leadership and service within the church.
Wednesday night courses are open groups for every age and background. They are offered every Wednesday night during the school year. These groups cover a wide range of topics and are meant to build up a Christ-centered identity and influence in the lives of those who participate so that they can pass on their faith to others. Classes are available on a rotational basis and include topics like: Bible-book studies, Marriage and Parenting studies, Financial management studies, apologetics studies, and more.
SPRING CLASSES 2020
- Jesus Among Secular Gods by Ravi Zacharias
- As belief in the secular gods of atheism, hedonism, relativism, and humanism continues to grow, it’s more important than ever for believers to be able to defend and share the claims of Christ. Of course, this clash of worldviews is nothing new. Throughout Paul’s writing in the New Testament are references to elemental forces that seek to separate believers from the love and truth of Jesus.Not only has the Christian worldview been devalued and dismissed by modern culture, but its believers are also openly ridiculed as irrelevant. This six-session Bible study challenges the popular and trending philosophies of the day, skillfully pointing out the fallacies in their claims and presenting compelling evidence for absolute truth as found in Jesus and revealed in Scripture.This study helps seekers explore the claims of Christ and provides Christians with the knowledge to articulate their faith that Jesus stands tall above all other gods.
- Job: A Story of Unlikely Joy by Lisa Harper
- Joy is the constant companion of the woman who trusts in the Lord. And while you can find it in friends, family, and circumstances, unfailing, persistent joy will only ever overflow from your relationship with Jesus.Just ask Job, the man from Uz who clung to God’s goodness while all his worldly joys were stripped away.But how is it possible to hold onto such joy in times of sorrow?In this 7-session study, discover the redemptive facet of Job’s suffering. Learn to view pain as a way to strengthen your faith, point others to the gospel, and trust in the Lord. Because His providence will never take you to a place where His grace will not sustain you.
- Study of Galatians by Timothy Keller
- This seven-study guide by Timothy Keller will excite Christians about the gospel, and apply it to every aspect of their lives.Gospel Matters takes us to the heart of a dispute of eternal significance. The Galatian church was torn between the view that their efforts saved them, and the gospel, which told them that it was Christ’s work, not theirs, that mattered. The choice still confronts us today making this a hugely relevant and exciting book to study.
Questions? Contact the church office at (573) 348-3515
D-Groups are closed groups that operate on 8 month cycles. They meet at various times throughout the week and provide intensive accountability among small groups of roughly 5 men or 5 women. They focus on developing a missional mindset and the spiritual disciplines of one’s personal life so that group members can become disciples who make disciples.